Compaq Presario R3000T touchpad and sound

Hi guys, I recently bought Compaq Presario R3000T notebook and installed Mandrake 10 Official (download version). It automatically detected the the hardwares, except (1) touchpad (2) sound card, and (3) built-in card reader.

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-18
Hi guys,

I recently bought Compaq Presario R3000T notebook and installed Mandrake 10 Official (download version).
It automatically detected the the hardwares, except (1) touchpad (2) sound card, and (3) built-in card reader.

I installed tpconfig, shut down X, and run tpconfig, but it said no Synaptics Touchpad or ALPS Glidepad/Stickpointer detected. Maybe the touchpad is not synaptics.

I don't know what the sound chip is, but in windows it is "legacy audio".

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

hrfang

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-30
Hey hrfang,
I was planning on doing the same thing - i was going to buy a compaq presario R3000T laptop and install a dual boot situation with mandrake linux and windows xp. did everything work out with your dual boot installation? did you get all the problems fixed? I was either going to get a compaq R3000T or an hp zx5000 - depending on which ever one would give the least problems when installing a dual boot situation.