Fedora Core 3 not detecting my wifi card WG311v2

All, I've installed Fedora Core3 (kernel 2. 6. 9. 1. 68???) and plugged in my Netgear WG311v2. Logged in as root , opened a terminal and typed in lspci. No sign of the card I've plugged in. . . . . should there be or should I install ndiswrapper modules and reboot before expecting to see any info return form the ls ...

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-02-22
All,
I've installed Fedora Core3 (kernel 2.6.9.1.68???) and plugged in my Netgear WG311v2.

Logged in as root , opened a terminal and typed in lspci.

No sign of the card I've plugged in.....should there be or should I install ndiswrapper modules and reboot before expecting to see any info return form the "lspci /lspci -n" cmds??

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

68 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-24
Now it's my turn to ask for some help.

I am trying to get a Linksys WUSB11 wireless adapter running.

I just put up FC3 (Kernel 2.6-10.1) and compiled linux_wlan_ng and installed it. I setup /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 to be DHCP etc.

/sbin/modprobe prism2_usb // just to be sure

When I attempt to start wlan0 (/sbin/ifup wlan0) I get a message to the effect "Determining IP info for wlan0..." then an error.
The error says "failed, no link present. Check cable?".

Usbview shows prism device seen. When device is unplugged I get the expected error "prism2_usb device wlan0 not present ...".

Anyone actually have this device running? If so, what am I missing or did I forget to setup? If no, have any ideas?

TIA
Bill