HELP!!

I just got FC2 yesterday and when i installed it, i realised that i couldnt access the win xp partitions that is housed on the same hard disk as my FC2 installation. I also discovered that i couldnt get sound in my FC2.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-06
I just got FC2 yesterday and when i installed it, i realised that i couldnt access the win xp partitions that is housed on the same hard disk as my FC2 installation. I also discovered that i couldnt get sound in my FC2. Im using integrated VIA sound chip which was detected but no sound. The volume was set to max. Somebody help me!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

Administrator

data/avatar/0/0b385d2cbb4fcc3a67cc1faf071a808432c41071.jpg

1795 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-07-15
You need to install the NTFS RPMs from here for your Windows XP partitions.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1678 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-27
You couldn't access your XP partition through Linux? Or you can't access your Windows operating system. Which?
If the later, Did you reduce the size of the NTFS partition with a tool like partition magic before installing Core 2. What did your partition table look like before you installed Fedora?

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-06
OP
I cant access my win xp OS. i just get an error msg. The weird thing is that i can access my win xp on one com with FC2 installed but i cant on another .