How to make Mandrake use my IEEE-1394 card?

I am new with linux, in the past days I installed Mandrake 9. 1 in my notebook (Compaq Presario 3000) but I can't configure the Firewire and modem card, so I never visited the internet using linux. Ok, under Windows XP I can connect both computers using a Firewire cable sharing the Internet Connection, printers and ...

Linux Networking 361 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-28
I am new with linux, in the past days I installed Mandrake 9.1 in my notebook (Compaq Presario 3000) but I can't configure the Firewire and modem card, so I never visited the internet using linux .
Ok, under Windows XP I can connect both computers using a Firewire cable sharing the Internet Connection, printers and files of the desktop with the notebook. Mandrake identify the notebook's wireless and ethernet Lan cards but the modem and the IEEE-1394 dont have the same luck ;(

I hope that you can help me, pleaseee !!!!!!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-01
try lin-modems to seek help for you win-modem. I know windows can configure the firewire port as an ethernet device...but i don´t think that functionality is available yet in linux (I´m quessing here).