keybdev - Mandrake 10.1 install

I'm trying to install Mandrake Linux 10. 1 on our other computer - Dell WebPC (and it's own USB keyboard/mous) with a formatted hard drive. I press enter on my keyboard when the main boot screen appears and it loads the program into memory.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-17
I'm trying to install Mandrake Linux 10.1 on our other computer - Dell WebPC (and it's own USB keyboard/mous) with a formatted hard drive. I press enter on my keyboard when the main boot screen appears and it loads the program into memory. Once the language option screen appears I lose keyboard/mouse functionability. I set my BIOS to enable Legacy USB Support, but that did not help. During the logging I see that it says "missing module keybdev." There is no PS/2 slot on the machine or I would have tried using a PS/2 keyboard. How do I fix this problem? If it's a compatibility issue, does anybody know of a Linux distro that they know is compatible with a Dell WebPC and its USB keyboard?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Ahh...this brought back memories. My sister had one of these. During a thunder storm, the modem blew. As you may know, these use a laptop modem. Hard to get and a pain to install. The issue is that these systems are made for Windows. There specific setup allows it to work under Windows, but I never got it to work with linux. Part of the bios config. information is on a hidden partition on the hard drive. If you trash this, you have problems. I have no solution, I dumped the machine and built her a new one. This Dell system is legacy, which means Windows only. These systems wer designed just for one purpose...Windows and the original setup. No PS/2 ports or serial port to add an external modem.And, if you don't have the rescue disk, your also cooked if windows goes down or the hard drive fries.

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

You may try Mepis and see what happens. but I am not hopeful about this.