Mandrake 10.0 installation

im new to linux and i am looking for a good website that lists step by step instructions on how to install mandrake 10. 0. if anyone knows a website please post. ty 8).

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-06-28
im new to linux and i am looking for a good website that lists step by step instructions on how to install mandrake 10.0. if anyone knows a website please post. ty 8)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
It's nice to see someone asking for directions on how to install before trying it!

I could not find a mandrake 10 page but this is a good general guide.

There are some considerations that may be dependent on your system. The article covers most of the important considerations, such as partitioning your drive and XP issues.

You may want to post some specs. on your system so that everyone can comment on any potential hardware or other issues that they have already faced with their installs, as well as what worked for them. Some other considerations are;

1. Are you planning to dual boot (have Windows and Linux available on a boot screen) at startup?

2. I always recommend partitioning the drive ahead of time. This prevents any issues with Mandrake's installation partitioning tool that may can cause problems with systems with multiple OS' installed. Do you have any partitioning software available to you?

3. If you have Windows XP and plan to add Mandrake on the same drive, MAKE SURE that you follow the advice about defraging the XP drive before resizing it for Mandrake. If you are using the entire system for Mandrake, you do not have to worry about these issues.

Let everyone know and good luck!