Mandrake 10.0 with WinXP?

I'm currently running WinXP Professional and WinXP 64-bit (two NTFS partitions) off a Western Digital Raptor SATA RAID0. I want to install Mandrake 10. 0 on a separate EIDE hard drive, and be able to select between the three operating systems at bootup.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-06-10
I'm currently running WinXP Professional and WinXP 64-bit (two NTFS partitions) off a Western Digital "Raptor" SATA RAID0. I want to install Mandrake 10.0 on a separate EIDE hard drive, and be able to select between the three operating systems at bootup. I have Linux drivers for my RAID controller (SiI 3512), but I'm not sure if Mandrake's boot loader will "see" these operating systems, or if I will be able to access the data on my RAID0 drives from Linux.

Will the Mandrake install program give me the option to load my RAID drivers, like the Windows install does? I'm worried that I will lose the ability to boot to WinXP/WinXP64.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-06
I think the bootloader should be able to do that. Unless its the 2.6 kernel where there might be problems accessing windows. As for accessing the ntfs partitions, if u cant then u must download and install the ntfs drivers.