Mandrake 9.2/10 and Promise PDC20265R/Fasttrack Install Issues

Ello, I have been struggling with this installation now for the past 2 weeks. I just cannot get this system installed. Problem: I have 2 identical servers each with an onboard Promise RAID device using the Fasttrack100 system to build and admin the Disk Arrays.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-06-04
Ello,

I have been struggling with this installation now for the past 2 weeks. I just cannot get this system installed.

Problem: I have 2 identical servers each with an onboard Promise RAID device using the Fasttrack100 system to build and admin the Disk Arrays. In both machines, I have two 40Gb disks. I ran the Fasttrack100 Lite BIOS and set up the RAID. Thereafter, running install from Mandrake Boot CD's, I get through the install completely, however, after reboot, I end up with a black screen filled with "999999999" repeated. Curiously, When the install gets to the partition disks section, it picks up both IDE's as independent disks, rather as a single array...

I have tried with both Mandrake 9.2 and now with Mandrake 10.0 Official, but have had absolutely no luck. Does anyone know of a driver that can be used with either these two flavours of Mandrake? Any "step by step" help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Armond

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
I can't remmeber all the facts, as I do not have raid on my system, but this came up before in an earlier post. You need to set up the raid drives during the Mandrake install. What I seem to remember is that Linux will not see raid arrays set up by windows based software. Take a look at the following link, response #4.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/165944