no battery - alimentation icon on aspire 1355LC with RH9

hi my laptop with RH9 shows the icon that says that it's attached to the power outlet. nothing strange you could think. . . . . . . . the problem is that this icon is ALWAYS present!!!!!!!!even when there's no power connection!!!!! did someone solve this problem? moreover I would like to knoe if there is a site or ...

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

20 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-03-08
hi
my laptop with RH9 shows the icon that says that it's attached to the power outlet.
nothing strange you could think........the problem is that this icon is ALWAYS present!!!!!!!!even when there's no power connection!!!!!
did someone solve this problem?

moreover I would like to knoe if there is a site or a forum or something like a place with all theproblems occurred grouped by the notebook model.........

thank you very much

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1678 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-27
It works ok in Fedora Core 1 on a Dell laptop.

20 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-03-08
OP
Quote:It works ok in Fedora Core 1 on a Dell laptop.

ok, I'm very happy about that but I'm looking to solve this issue on my notebook whithou changing distribution, I've decided that I'll keep RH9 anyway.......

but this is a problem of my laptop or of almost all?

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1678 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-27
You asked if "someone" had solved this problem and I answered you. If you had wanted a more specific answer you should have said so. Good luck... ;(

20 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-03-08
OP
Originally posted by Dapper Dan:

Quote:You asked if "someone" had solved this problem and I answered you. If you had wanted a more specific answer you should have said so. Good luck... ;( 
ok, you're right, sorry for the misunderstood.....but there's no reasson to get angry
well
I'd like to hear something from someone that solved this problem with Red Hat 9!