Problems with Installation of Mandrake 10.1 Community Ed.

Hello All, I am trying to install Mandrake 10. 1 on my system but unfortunately the displayed installation menus do not fit onto the screen and therefore the installation menus are corrupted and I cannot select the required graphics card.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-30
Hello All,

I am trying to install Mandrake 10.1 on my system but unfortunately the displayed installation menus do not fit onto the screen and therefore the installation menus are corrupted and I cannot select the required graphics card.

I have tried pressing <F1> for the custom low-res screen options but this always runs the same setup anyway

Any ideas?

Thanks

Howard
www.selestial.com

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Off the top of my head, I may be thing of Fedora, but, at the initial boot screen, are one of the <f> options to set the install screen size? Like <F3> with a default screen size shown?

What hardware do you have in the system, in terms of a video card and monitor?

Do you know what resolution and screen sizes are supported by your monitor/video card, such as 800X600....?

Also, how much ram is in the system?

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-30
OP
Thanks for the reply danleff...

I have tried all the <f> 'in keys, they take me to various log screens but nothing that I can see to change the resolution.

The motherboard I am using is an Intel 845GRG which uses integrated graphics, which when booted under windows it tells me is ATI Rage Pro.

The monitor is Ilyama Vision Master Pro 450 which I have all the resolutions from my windows login.

Oh... And 256M of RAM!

Howard
www.selestial.com