socket 939 AMD 64 motherboard w/ linux support

Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan. I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-29
Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.
I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-09
Originally posted by d_logaan:

Quote:Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I run an ASUS A8N-SLI with a n AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ and have had zero problems.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-29
OP
Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-09
Originally posted by d_logaan:

Quote:Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range. 
Uh so what kind of video card does this guy want?

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Look at the thread that you posted on at the via arena site here.

Via notes that support is coming in December/January for the A8V-MX in Fedora. Can you wait?