Untitled thread

I downloaded the Fedora's ISO images but it can't boot. My PC is configured to boot from CD and then from the HD, Do I need some floppy disk in order to boot and intall it?? Thanks =).

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar33.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-04
I downloaded the Fedora's ISO images but it can't boot. My PC is configured to boot from CD and then from the HD, Do I need some floppy disk in order to boot and intall it?? Thanks =)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1678 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-27
In Windows, have a look at what's on that CD. Do you see a file that ends with .iso? Or do you see several files and stuff? Sounds like you may have burned the .iso file to the CD rather than burning the iso image. If that is the case, check back and we'll steer you through the process of burning the image.

If this isn't the case, you may have a corrupt CD, either through the burning process or it was corrupted during download. Did you do a md5sum check to see that the file was all there before burning it?

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-13
Actually, I have same problem as you, fjrg76. I've posted also (Post #154950)

Someone dowloaded it and burned the CD and DVD for me.

This is qustion for Dapper Dan.
You said "Sounds like you may have burned the .iso file to the CD rather than burning the iso image." Maybe my friend burned it as a file. How do you burn them as iso image?

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1678 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-27
That's a very helpful link ohhst! Thanks for linking it. I have it bookmarked to show to any future inquiries about .iso image burning!