Untitled thread

i have recently install fc3 onto my hp dx6100 pc. I can mount my usbpen thru automount but after I unmount it, I cannot remount it unless I reboot the pc. Any suggestions. .

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar26.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-07-19
i have recently install fc3 onto my hp dx6100 pc. I can mount my usbpen thru automount but after I unmount it, I cannot remount it unless I reboot the pc. Any suggestions.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Just as in Windows XP, if you unmount (release) the USB key (as you should before removing the key), then you get the same problem.

If you unmount the stick, remove it, then re-insert it, does auto-mount bring it up again?

If you look at the /etc/fstab file contents, note the mount point of the usb stick. You can always mount it manually. Say, fstab says it is at sda1...then;

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/(what the mount point is in FC3, as noted in the fstab file).

data/avatar/default/avatar26.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-07-19
OP

automount doesnt bring it back up again, is looks like the usb port dies after I unmount, I get no sign of life from the port (eg. no flashing light on the pen to show it being accessed).Have tried pluging in another usb pen but I get the same problem. The only time it doesnt happen is when after a clean reboot, I put a usb 1.1 pen in first, mount and unmount the pen,unplug it then I can use my usb 2.0 pen without any problems, mounting,unmounting and unplugging and remounting. any more suggestions